The Gathering is a diverse student faith community, where we gather to talk, pray, reflect, and serve, while growing together in faith. The Gathering is a safe and nurturing place to work through some of the big questions of student life and young adulthood. We come together to explore how God is calling us to be faithful in the midst of studies, relationships, career considerations, and daily life.
If you are new to the University of Michigan, whether a freshman in college or a new graduate student, we hope you will check us out some Wednesday night this fall! If you are returning to the University of Michigan and haven’t yet found a place that you can call “home,” either spiritually or socially, we hope you will come, too! And if you are just curious about what faith or community is all about, we would love for you to give us a try, too. We think you will find that we are warm, open, and accepting of people from all backgrounds, with all kinds of questions and hopes.
As the school year kicks off again next week, here are a few things we hope you will put on your calendar!
- Wednesday, September 4, 5:30pm – Pizza in the Garden! Join us in the Memorial Garden – just outside our Campus Center and right beside the new Varsity apartment building – for free pizza and a few icebreakers. This is a time to connect with old friends and make new ones. Feel free to bring guests! (In the event of rain, we will gather indoors).
- Sunday, September 8, 10:00am – Worship@FBCA2 – Start your year off right by joining us for worship at First Baptist, including a time of “Blessing of Students and Educators.” Read more about First Baptist on the church website.
- Sunday, September 8, 11:30am-12:30pm – Ice Cream Social – It’s never too early for ice cream! Join us after church for free ice cream with all the toppings! This is a chance, too, to meet some new people and to get some information about our Young Adult Church School class.
- Tuesday, September 10, 3:00pm-7:00pm – Vespers Meal for the Hungry and Homeless – a chance to make a difference by preparing, serving, and cleaning up from a meal for those who need it most. Serve for an hour or for all afternoon. Watch for information about signing up.
- Wednesday, September 11, 5:30pm – our regular weekly Wednesday Gathering begins, with a free home-cooked meal and a “forum” – a chance to explore a topic of interest from a faith perspective
- Sunday, September 15, 12:00pm – Block Party! – a fun time outside on our block with free food, music, and other goodies
We are excited about the year ahead, and we hope to see you soon!